Food Service Insurance Managers provide the same level of high touch and personalized service to the brokers who offer FSIM through their insurance portfolio. In addition to our standard services, the following additional support is provided to our broker clients.
Medical assistants and nursing staff are available full time to appropriately handle the claim in addition to providing a supportive environment for the worker. A three-point contact is established by FSIM with the injured worker, the employer and the treating physician. FSIM is there to identify first aids, late reporting, assist with modified duty protocol, referrals to medical providers within the Medical Provider Network (MPN), and individualized nurse care on claims that need extra attention.
FSIM has created a detailed training program to educate broker-producers on how to more effectively sell FSIM’s program and services, and how to explain and install its medical management/claim system with their clients.
FSIM personally assists producers in the sales process, and provides loss control, claims management and customer service support to its agents and brokers.
FAQ for Brokers
FSIM’s focus is from “dirt to table” which includes, growers, packers, shippers, wholesale distributors, custom harvesters, restaurants,
grocers, and other selected classes. Contact email@example.com for a complete class code list.
- Accounts must have 100% of exposures within California
- Account must have had continuous workers’ compensation insurance – No coverage lapses
- Minimum of one (1) year in business with reported payroll. No new ventures will be considered.
- Minimum Final Premium $10,000 (ten thousand dollars).
- Account must have Governing Classification in one of the FSIM Eligible Classifications
- Classifications in any other class is acceptable only if the payroll or the ineligible classification represents 15% or less of the total payroll for the account
- For FSIM’s complete underwriting guidelines contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Meadowbrook/Star/Williamsburg/Pro Century Insurance Group
Contact email@example.com or call Matt Costa at (916) 462-6600 to obtain an Agency Profile form to submit for Agency Appointment review.
- Agency Profile
- Copy of current E & O Declarations Page
- Copy of current CA state license
- Signed Agency Agreement
FSIM is an expert in workers’ compensation for the food and ag industry. Our experienced underwriters know exactly how to evaluate the risks associated with your accounts’ business activities and assist you in writing business. In addition to FSIM’s underwriting expertise, our brokers have the advantage of offering their customers and prospects, FSIM’s value-added services including a medical management team staffed by Spanish speaking employees, a loss control consultant who has a full understanding of our classes of business and a claims liaison who can help our brokers navigate the workers’ compensation claims process. Our excellent customer service to our brokers and accounts includes personal service which leads to higher retention for our brokers and FSIM.
- FSIM’s services include personal contact with each account through customer service representatives
- Loss control consultants
- Medical management services provided by a bi-lingual, bi-cultural staff
- Claims analysis and assistance through our claims liaison
- Assistance with the sales process where needed