For over 20 years, our family owned and operated insurance business has provided workers' compensation and workplace safety services to the food and agricultural industries.
Our hands-on, customer-centric approach is dedicated to the safety and productivity of your workplace while meeting the needs of the injured worker.
When you join the FSIM community, you have direct, personal contact with your customer service representative, loss control consultant, claims management personnel, and medical management personnel. Our service based philosophy combined with a diverse, bilingual staff, allows us to dedicate the time it takes to make you and your employees comfortable from start to finish.
CEO and ChairmanBridget stepped into her role as CEO of FSIM in 2009. She has been a member of the California Bar since 1979. Prior to joining FSIM, Bridget practiced civil litigation for 30 years with an emphasis on insurance defense including insurance coverage issues, public entity defense, employment law, personal injury and professional liability issues. As FSIM CEO, she has been responsible for establishing and executing management practices and strategies which have promoted and maintained FSIM’s profitable growth and sustainable competitive advantage in the California market.
Executive Vice-President of Broker Development, Marketing and SalesJohn has over 25 years of experience in insurance marketing, broker development and agency management. As FSIM COO, he developed and implemented the FSIM model for integration of underwriting, loss control services, nurse case management, and claims handling services. John served as President of the Sacramento Chapter of Professional Insurance Agents, was a Founder of the Sacramento Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of California Young Agents Association.
Executive Vice-President of Finance and OperationsAlonso Bayardo has been connected to the agricultural industry that is FSIM’s “niche” core business for over 30 years. Mr. Bayardo has been involved with every aspect of the business model development and as vice president of operations has directed and assisted with FSIM’s strategic objectives. Mr. Bayardo leads the accounting and finance department operations for the company and is responsible for premium and cash flow management as well as investments and opportunity developments for the company’s diversification.
Executive Vice-President Underwriting ManagerSince 2005, Matthew has developed and implemented procedures and tools to increase renewal retention and new business writings, as well as respond to our carrier partners’ requirements of the FSIM’s underwriting department. Matthew has over a decade of experience in corporate management including staff training and supervision, budgeting, financial reporting, merchandising and marketing.
Dr. Demetri Alvero
Director of Medical ManagementDr. Alvero is a bilingual/bicultural physician, with over 20 years' experience in Managed Care for Workers’ Compensation. He has served as a Clinical Coordinator for Industrial Medical Specialty providers in Orthopedics, Spine Surgery and Physical Medicine and has over 20 years of management and teaching experience. Dr. Alvero developed the successful FSIM MMS protocols based on using bilingual medical personnel providing immediate assessment of every claim. Dr. Alvero received his medical training at U.C.E., Family Medicine Externship at University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida.
Meet the Underwriting Team
Meet the Medical Management Team
Meet the Loss Control Contact
Meet the Accounting and Auditing Team
Meet the Claims Services Contact
Meet the Customer Service Contact
Meet the Sales and Marketing Contact
FSIM believes in giving back to our local communityIn the Community
FAQ for Policy Holder
Meadowbrook/Star/Williamsburg/Pro Century Insurance Group
FSIM is the program administrator for your workers’ compensation insurance.What that means is FSIM works directly with the insurance carrier to:
- Receive your first report of injury
- Provide nurse case management services as needed
- Issue your policy
- Handle your monthly payroll reports and payments
- Provide safety consultations
- Review and monitor your claims
- Assist with final audits
- Refusal of Medical Treatment Forms
- Employee Report of Injury (Body Part Chart) form
- DWC1 to have on hand at all times
- MPN Acknowledgement forms (have signed prior to injury)
- Online: FSIM Portal (log in required)
- Phone: (800) 951-1134
- Fax: (800) 397-7770
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee signs the Refusal of Medical Treatment Form
- Employer gives them a copy of the DWC-1 form with the employer information filled out only (Keep refusal form and copy of DWC-1 form on file just in case you have to send to FSIM)
- DWC-7 form
- MPN Complete Written Notice in English and Spanish
- MPN Implementation Notice Medical Provider Network
- MPN Signature form – This should be signed prior to any injury. Suggestions – at time of hire or at safety meetings.
- Group Signature forms are available. Contact email@example.com to request.
- Go to Find an MPN Doctor under the Announcements & Quick links tab on the FSIM Portal.
- Contact the FSIM Medical Management office – (800) 951-1134
- Payroll report and payment is due on the 10th of every month following the month in which the payroll is paid (i.e. February payroll is due on March 10th)
- You must complete a payroll report even if you have zero (0) payroll
- Click on My Policies
- Click on blue drop down arrow in front of your active policy
- Click “View Policy”
- Click on the "Payroll" tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the blue banner "Report Payroll"
- Payment may be made electronically from the portal (ACH) or you may print your statement and mail the statement with a check
- Please direct all of your claims inquiries or status updates to your broker first.
- Call the FSIM Medical Management Dept. – (800) 951-1134.
- You may also send your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ for Brokers
- Accounts must have 100% of exposures within California
- Account must have had continuous workers’ compensation insurance – No coverage lapses
- Minimum of one (1) year in business with reported payroll. No new ventures will be considered.
- Minimum Final Premium $10,000 (ten thousand dollars).
- Account must have Governing Classification in one of the FSIM Eligible Classifications
- Classifications in any other class is acceptable only if the payroll or the ineligible classification represents 15% or less of the total payroll for the account
- For a FSIM’s complete underwriting guidelines contact email@example.com
- Agency Profile
- Copy of current E & O Declarations Page
- Copy of current CA state license
- Signed Agency Agreement
- FSIM’s services include personal contact with each account through customer service representatives
- Loss control consultants
- Medical management services provided by a bi-lingual, bi-cultural staff
- Claims analysis and assistance through our claims liaison
- Assistance with the sales process where needed
FAQ for Injured Workers (Employees)
These answers only apply if your employer provides workers’ compensation insurance through Food Service Insurance Managers program
- An employee is injured on the job
- An employee is killed on the job
- An employee has an occupational disease